Marble run is a great education toy for your kids. It trains their engineering skills and yet provide adventurous excitement. It makes them watching marbles run through their own creation with endless fun. In this article, we would like to recommend some of the best marble run in the market. Besides, we’ll provide you a comprehensive guide of marble run selection.back to menu ↑
Why you need to buy Marble Run?
Trial and error is always a fundamental method in problem solving. With marble run toy, kids have to deal with the problem arose When building it. They will feel satisfaction once they get it done.
Furthermore, they have to get through the “Thinking” and “DIY” process to complete the marble run toy. This makes it an incredible tool to increase their creativity. With a little guidance from parents, the marble run toys can grab a lot of attention of the kids. Which is good to keep them away from digital games.
Click to learn more why your kids need the marble runs
Click to learn more why your kids need the marble runs
What we do?
However, there are numerous models and brands with different materials exist in the market. You might wonder how to choose the best marble run for your kids. Therefore, this article aims to give you the best information on these toys. Here you can find the selection guides, FAQ, recommended toys, and marble run reviews with admin rating.
To make your life easier, we defines 5 major criteria for marble run rating. Also, we divides all recommended toys into 3 categories based on self-defined age groups. They are “Start Set” for Age 4~6, “Intermediate Level” for Age 6~10, and “Advanced Level” for Age 8 and above.back to menu ↑
Recommended Best Marble Runback to menu ↑
Top 5 criteria to pick the best marble run toy
Although this toy is designed to increase your kid’s interest on things like logical implementations, strategic movements, simple physics etc., if you did not select the accurate complexity level, he might refuse to play it. Therefore, be serious and read the instructions of the manufacturer and see if it matches your kid’s age criteria.
It is all about dealing with his brain functions and therefore, you should take a good care when selecting the right complexity level. Most of the manufacturers have mentioned the complexity level and the suitable age group on the packaging making it easy for you to decide if it matches or not.
At a glance it will look like beneficial, but on the long run, it is a complete loss as you may have to buy several units instead of one durable piece. Therefore, make sure to check if the materials used are durable high quality ones before you make a purchase.
Without the stability you can’t experience a smooth performance. An unbalanced, poorly fitted structure will leave your child nothing but the worries. Therefore, be sure to see if the toy is stable enough before you get the best marble run for your kid.
Your kid’s engineering skills can be enhanced in a fun filled exciting way if the marble runsare capable of providing good entertainment. So, be sure to check if the marble run you selected is a good entertainer that avoids boringness.
Thus, the best marble run should provides a good knowledge while providing thrill and excitement. If there is nothing new to learn, there is no point of spending money on it. Use your common sense and see if the model you picked has a good educational value.
How do we choose between wooden or plastic marble runs?
There are large amount of models and brands with different materials exist in the market. And thus, here’s a quick reference for you to consider in selecting the best marble run play set. This guidance is composed utilizing the experience and the knowledge of various marble run manufacturers and feedbacks of the parents who have already bought marble run play sets.
There are basically two main material types used to manufacture marble runs. They are plastic and wood. Each material has its own uniqueness over the other. Some of these characteristics are benefits while others are drawbacks comparatively.
These facts will be helpful for you in buying the best marble run play set for your child.back to menu ↑
Plastic Marble Runs
- It is friendlier to your budget comparing to wooden marble run play sets. Simply, if you have allocated an amount less than $100, you should go for a plastic marble run.
- If you do not have plans to expand the marble run set, plastic play sets are the ideal solution other than going for a wooden one. Plastic play sets may work fine with the standard or the built-in features.
- It is ideal for your kids if it is the first experience of a construction type play set for them. There are various mishaps can take place during the process of constructions if they are not familiar. Therefore, it is better to get them a plastic set until they get familiar with the toy and build an interest.
- If your child gets bored with toys easily, it is better to go for plastic ones other than selecting an expensive wooden one at first.
- Plastics are less durable than the wooden ones. They are less compatible for hard use and expansions.
Wooden Marble Runs
- If you have planned a budget over $100 to spend on a marble set, your selection should be a wooden marble play set. By nature, wooden parts are expensive.
- If you are looking for a long term investment on a marble play set, you need to go for a wooden set. Wooden marbles run sets are made to be durable than plastic ones
- Wooden marble runs are good for hard use than the plastic ones. Therefore, if your child gets a little rough with the toys you need to consider buying a wooden play set
- Wooden play sets are extremely helpful in boosting the creativity. They are little heavy in make and kid will enjoy the physical feeling of the toy.
- Wooden marble runs are compatible to upgrade. If you have future plans on expanding the set, go for a marble run made of wood.
- Expensive than the plastic ones. Not suitable for first time users.
General Marble Run FAQ
- Setting up the blocks and creating a path with modifications will be hard for very small kids.
- Small parts like marbles and other elements may cause choking hazard for them